February 23, 2012
We have exciting news about how God is using West Side Kids!
- Our Children’s Guest Center checked in 150 guests in the first 6 weeks of 2012.
- Our children’s ministry has seen a 10% increase in attendance since this time last year.
- Elementary kids are more enthusiastic than ever about Bible memorization thanks to the Wild Take Home Edition and the Bible Bucks program.
- Each week, an increasing number of early childhood parents report that their children are expressing simple Bible verses and principles at home.
West Side Kids is busting at the seams! We’re growing in every way—numerically and spiritually. Yet, we still believe God has called us to something greater. Parents, we need your help!
GET IN THE GAME!
The primary goal of West Side’s Family Ministry is to help parents become the primary spiritual leaders in their child’s life. One of the best ways for a parent to help their family develop spiritually is to volunteer in the children’s ministry area where their child participates. Currently, only 17% of our parents are invested as volunteers in their child’s church experience on Sunday morning. We believe our parent volunteer team can and should be much stronger! We hope to see the majority of West Side parents serving alongside their kids. Are you in the game yet?
The benefits of getting off the bench and into the game
Parents who volunteer have given us valuable feedback! There are many reasons why parents should be eager about diving into the volunteer game with West Side Kids.
- Parents often suggest volunteering in kids’ ministry has helped them become a better spiritual leader to their own child. They take home useful tips on how to talk with their kids about God and His Word. And, volunteer parents are better able to reinforce concepts from church at home during the week.
- Parent involvement often helps children enjoy church more. When children see the value their parents place on serving and worshiping with them, they often enjoy and appreciate church more than ever before. Volunteering creates a shared experience between kids and parents.
- Parent that actively server as volunteers help West Side Kids become an even more attractive place. We all want our kids to have a thriving church home where volunteers are lovingly guiding them toward Jesus. If West Side is to continue to grow, we need more all-star volunteers to make church fun and relevant for kids.
What if volunteering with kids isn’t my “thing?”
Many parents volunteer in our children’s ministry without working directly with kids. Many unique volunteer roles and a variety of skills are useful in a thriving children’s ministry! Some roles focus on working with adults or completing tasks. Click here to read about the volunteer roles available in children’s ministry!
What if I have limited time?
Some volunteer roles require as little as one hour per month. Nearly all of us can give an hour per month! We can likely help you find a role that works for your schedule.
Help us get ready for the BIG GAME!
There’s a big game just around the corner (EASTER SUNDAY) and we want our team to be at its best. We’d like to add 80 new players to our volunteer roster between now and April 4. If you’re ready to suit up and get in the volunteer game, click here: I want to volunteer!
You’ll hear more about opportunities to get in the game over the next few weeks. Please consider how you might be able to serve… and how volunteering could positively impact your family. Get in the game!
Praying for your family,
Jessica Schildman, Director of Early Childhood Ministry
Missy Farley, Director of Elementary Ministry