August 5, 2012
This month in the Wild we are learning about contentment! Contentment is choosing to be happy with what you’ve got. The Bible verse this month is from Philippians 4:11-12. This month be sure to get the weekly refrigerator door cards after WILD Small Group as well as the new sheet of Bible verses to memorize.
- Bible Story: The Garden of Eden (Genesis 3:1-13, 23 & 24)
- Big Idea: When you want what you shouldn’t have, it can lead to trouble.
- Meal Time Kid Question: Do you prefer to be around people who always want more or people who are content with what they have?
- Meal Time Parent Question: What do you think is the difference between a content person and someone who’s striving to make things better?
- Bible Story: Israelites Long for Egypt
- Big Idea: When you want what you had before, you miss what you have now.
- Meal Time Kid Question: Have you ever felt content with what you had until someone else made you feel like it wasn’t good enough?
- Meal Time Parent Question: What things in your life rob you of contentment?
- Bible Story: King Ahab & Naboth’s Vineyard (1 Kings 21:1-19, 27)
- Big Idea: When you want what someone else has, it can make you miserable.
- Meal Time Kid Question: Have you ever regretted not being content?
- Meal Time Parent Question: From what you’ve observed, is the person with the most stuff usually the most content? Why?
- Bible Story: Do Not Worry (Matthew 6:25-30)
- Big Idea: When you trust God, you don’t have to worry about tomorrow.
- Meal Time Kid Question: Have you ever tried to get as much as you could of something because you were scared it would be gone later? Does that show contentment?
- Meal Time Parent Question: Have you ever found yourself putting your trust in something other than God? What was it and how did you learn to be content?